Thursday, June 23, 2011

Vintage Style Senior Portraits

My little sister asked my to shoot her senior photos this year and I gladly obliged. We wanted to do them in a bit of a vintage style yet still keeping it pretty modern. We picked our favorite locations around Richmond, packed up a few outfit changes and off we went. 

For most of the photos, to apply this vintagey style in photoshop, I played around with the curves, contrast, saturation etc, used the burn tool for the edges, used the sepia and magenta filters, and applied the lens distortions for a vignette effect. Here are some of the final pics. 






Ain't she a doll? This was the first time I've done senior photos and I'm pretty pleased with the result as was my sis. It's nice that we could doing something that to fit her personality for her senior pics.

And finally, congrats to the grad! She's coming to VCU this fall so she'll be down here with me in Richmond for the next 4 years. Yay!

No comments: